HydroGeoLogic, Inc. (HGL) is an industry leader with over 30 years of experience providing comprehensive environmental engineering services by implementing innovative, effective, and sustainable solutions that address today’s environmental,
infrastructure, and natural resource challenges. HGL provides environmental engineering, remediation, and construction services, as well as Military Munitions Response Program support to the U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers,
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, U.S. Department of Energy, and other federal and state government clients. HGL is one of the few companies that remain committed to research and development, offering a dynamic work environment for creative, energetic
Currently, HGL has a position open for an experienced Senior Project Manager (PM) in the Huntsville, Alabama Office to support our MMRP contracts. The position is assigned to the Huntsville office, but the successful candidate can be located
in any of the other HGL offices. Other possible office locations include Denver CO, Overland Park KS, Albany NY, Phoenix AZ, San Antonio TX, Orlando FL, Reston VA (DC metro), and Hudson OH.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of ongoing and future Munitions Response and Chemical Warfare Materiel (CWM) project activities. Responsibilities will include:
- developing, budgeting, implementing, tracking and managing MMRP/CWM project task orders;
- directing, managing, and leading project teams consisting of HGL and subcontractor personnel;
- communicating effectively with clients, regulators, project team members, and company management;
- and developing and executing cost estimates, and task order proposals and modifications.
Must be able to execute multiple projects and tasks concurrently. The position will require travel, including extended client-site work assignments.
Requires strong managerial, leadership, organizational, analytical, negotiating, interpersonal, technical, and decision-making skills including:
- excellent communication and organization;
- working with and maintaining confidential information;
- strong technical writing and documentation;
- managing work under detailed quality assurance/quality control programs;
- managing work under strict USACE-compliant site safety and health requirements and plans;
- preparing detailed financial performance, schedules, and technical progress projections;
- and preparing and submitting recurring financial, technical, and quality assurance/quality control summary reports.
Additional required skills include proficiency with the MS Office suite of computer software (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). The ability to develop schedules with MS Project is a plus.
A minimum of ten years of experience performing the duties of a PM which must include:
- Experience managing MMRP/CWM investigation, removal action, and/or range assessment projects preferably for USACE and/or DoD.
- Serving as a PM on a cost plus fixed fee task orders/projects and Firm Fixed Price task orders/projects with values over $10M.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a history of responsibility, initiative, motivation and creativity.
- Experience procuring and managing MMRP/CWM subcontractors, including developing scopes of work and managing subcontractor cost reporting and invoicing.
- Previous experience performing the duties of a Sr. Project Manager on DoD CONUS and OCONUS Munitions Response and CWM Projects, including RI/FS, TCRA and non-TCRA Removal Action; and Operational Range Assessment Program (ORAP) is preferred.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of Department of Defense Explosive Safety Board (DDESB), USACE munitions regulations is preferred.
- Previous experience participating in technical working groups including USACE, Navy, USAF, regulatory agency, and community representatives is preferred.
- Experience developing and presenting technical progress reports at internal, stakeholder, and public meetings is preferred.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Geology or related field of study.
Master of Science preferred, along with professional registration in field of study.
The successful candidate must possess excellent analytical, written, and oral communications skills. Must be practical and logical with good problem-solving skills. Must be able to manage projects from proposal through closeout while meeting scope, schedule
and budget requirements. Must have a track record of high level of competency in financial management, client management, and risk management. Must have knowledge of munitions, CWM and safe work practices.
A pre-hire drug test is required and some positions may require a fit for duty baseline physical. Some positions will require U.S. Citizenship. The successful candidate will be required to pass installation security checks. Travel is required and will vary according
to the particular position.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at hrIWD@hgl.com or by phone at 703-478-5186 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.