HydroGeoLogic, Inc. (HGL) is a leader in the environmental remediation industry, with over 30 years of experience providing comprehensive engineering and design services by implementing innovative, effective and sustainable solutions that address environmental, infrastructure, and natural resource management challenges. HGL provides environmental engineering, remediation and construction services and support to EPA, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Energy and other federal and state government clients. HGL offers a dynamic work environment for creative, energetic professionals.
HGL has a position open for a CAD Specialist 5. The position will be responsible for drafting of civil, environmental and earthwork projects. The CAD Specialist 5 will support projects nationwide and must be able to support multiple task orders and technical tasks concurrently. Travel within the continental United States to project sites may be required.
This position is open in the HGL Overland Park KS office; however, for the ideal candidate consideration will be given to locating in another HGL office.
- Work as integral part of the Engineering Design Team to design remedial construction and remediation system for complex environmental projects.
- Participate in planning, proposal preparation, site evaluations, preparation of specifications and construction drawings and designs.
- Participate in preparation of cost estimates and develop Quantity takeoffs for Basis of Estimates.
- Develop Engineering Drawings Packages for remediation construction including soil excavations, landfill caps, groundwater treatment systems, building decontamination and demolition, sediment dredging, and stream restorations.
- Occasional travel to project sites to communicate project design aspects with project managers, engineers, clients and regulators.
- Ability to calculate quantities for construction estimates, determine earthwork volumes and develop construction controls
- Ability to review and incorporate engineering drawings from specialty subcontractors
- Ability to identify opportunities for value engineering and facilitation of construction
- Ability to develop engineering drawings with minimal supervision and with multi-disciplinary project staff
- Ability to interact with clients and other stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational abilities
- Strong technical writing and documentation skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with environmental remediation designs
- Preparing construction specifications
- High School Diploma and 8 years CAD work experience
- Associates Degree in Civil, Engineering Technology, AutoCAD or equivalent and 5 years CAD work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Engineering Technology, AutoCAD or equivalent and 3 years CAD work experience
- Proficient skill set associated with generating AutoCAD drawings for construction purposes (environmental preferred)
- Experience using AuotCAD Civil 3D
- Pre-hire drug test is required.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- Valid driver's license and excellent driving record.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at hrIWD@hgl.com or by phone at 703-478-5186 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.